Edward the Elder Primary is a school where all learners are happy, in an environment based on trust and support. We will settle for nothing less than excellence in our drive for achievement wherever this can be found.
- To attain a calm, welcoming and purposeful atmosphere; providing a curriculum which is broad, balanced, enjoyable and challenging; differentiated in order to meet the needs of all our children.
- To provide a school environment that is attractive, stimulating and informative that motivates individuals to reach their full potential. This will be done within a culture of learning, high standards and expectations.
- We want our school to be a happy, safe environment where everyone feels cared for, nurtured, valued and free from discrimination. We aim to encourage mutual respect and sensitivity to the needs of others and recognise and celebrate success in everyone.
- To encourage and develop parental involvement in the everyday life of the school and to foster a partnership between school and the wider community based on trust and openness.
- To empower staff and governors to develop their professional expertise and fulfill their role as valued members of a team, working to achieve the aims of the school, through effective leadership systems and professional development of staff.
- To ensure we promote the expectations outlined within the National agenda across EYFS, Key Stage 1 and 2 with regard also to local and other legal regulations.
Kevin Grayson - Chief Executive Officer
Louise Dollery - Associate Headteacher
Bridget Highman - Head of School